Quickbooks error 1904 is detected as an installation error in Quickbooks, which generally appeared in the Quickbooks desktop version. It appears in the desktop with some error messages like ‘We’r sorry! Something went wrong with your installation’ and ‘Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files (x86)\CaseWare\cv32.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147220473. Contact your support personnel.’
In this blog, we will discuss the causes and solutions to fix this Quickbooks install error 1904 module. Let’s know the causes of this error:
What are the causes of Quickbooks error code 1904?
- The main cause of this error is improper installation of any source.
- Missing of any important file related to the Quickbooks software from the system.
- Due to damaged or corrupted components in Quickbooks.
- Maybe the Windows need the new update version.
- Low maintenance of the system is another cause for this error.
How to shut out the Quickbooks install error 1904?
The Intuit Quickbooks error 1904 can be solved any many different ways. Here we have two types of solutions for this error code: one is general solutions, and others are alternative solutions for the error code. First, we discuss the general solution for the 1904 error code in Quickbooks and then the alternative solutions for this error code (1904).
Some manual or common solutions for the Quickbooks 1904 error code:
- Check your internet connection in your system or in the server where you use the Quickbooks software.
- Sometimes we face this problem due to the improper internet connectivity in the system. If the internet connection is not proper in your system then consult with your Internet service provider and solve this issue.
- Open the Quickbooks software as an admin, with the admin ID and password, and check whether the problem is occurring, and notice, can the error fix out by manual methods or not.
- Install the Quickbooks extension (Quickbooks.exe) file on the server.
- Run the Quickbooks database server manager and Quickbooks extension (Quickbooks.exe) for the Quickbooks software and to fix this error.
- Configure the Avalara Avatx on your PC or system.
- Run the Quickbooks diagnostic tool and clean install Quickbooks.
- Download and install the Quickbooks repair utility.
- Update your Windows version in the new latest version and restart the system.
- Run the fresh Quickbooks installation source to fix these kinds of Quickbooks installation errors.
- Refresh your LAN connectivity.
Alternative ways to fix the Quickbooks desktop error 1904:
Download & Run the Quickbooks diagnostic tool:
- You can download the Quickbooks diagnostic tool from the official site of Quickbooks or from the official site of Intuit.
- After the complete download set up the diagnostic tool file in your system.
- Then find the .exe file on your system and click on the ‘Run’ option to run the tool.
- After the complete diagnosis process, restart your system.
- And make sure that the Quickbooks components are updated.
Check the system as an admin:
- At first, you have to restart your system.
- Then log in as an administrator in your system.
- A confirmation window will appear in the desktop, just click the ‘Next’ button from the confirmation window.
- Then go to the ‘All Programs’ and click on it.
- Select the ‘System Tools’ from the ‘Accessories’ list.
- Then click on the ‘System Restore’ option and then ‘Start’.
- After that, you have to select the latest system restore option from the list.
- Select a restore point list, and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- After that, click on ‘My computer…..time’ option in the new window.
Use hidden administrator account and check the permissions:
- Hold the Windows and R key from the keyboard simultaneously to run the open window.
- Write ‘Notepad’ and click ‘OK’ on the open bar.
- Then type ‘QBTEST’ in the Notepad.
- Go to the File menu of the Notepad and choose the ‘Save As’ option from the list.
- After that, save the file to the installation directory.
- 32-bitC:\Program Files\Common Files
- 64-bitC:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files
All these above procedures can solve the problem easily. I hope this article will help you to troubleshoot the Quickbooks error 1904 when installing Quickbooks. Follow these methods according to your possibility cause, and fix the issues in a few minutes further, in case if you are unable to follow these procedures then you can get our Quickbooks support, and can comment us in the below section.