How to fix Quickbooks error 404? -In different ways
“Oops! The Quickbooks error 404 is creating problems to use the Quickbooks software smoothly!!!” – Is it your reaction while the Quickbooks desktop error 404 is appearing on your screen? If yes, then don’t worry, here this blog will help you to shut out this error easily. Let’s know the reasons, signs, and solutions of this error (404):
Signs to detect Quickbooks error 404:
- The error message will appear repeatedly on your screen ‘Quickbooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.’
- This error code only appeared in the Quickbooks desktop and Quickbooks online.
- It can appear in different error messages like Quickbooks update error 404, Intuit error 404, Error 404 pages not found, Service messages error #404, Quickbooks error 404 service messages and etc.
- Repeatedly crashes of potential program code in your system.
- You are not able to access any web pages on the server.
- The URL of the web page is the same but the page has been banned in your server.
- Your PC will freeze for sometimes.
- This error can appear in different operating systems like Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, ME, and in 2000 also.
Reasons behind the 404 error code in Quickbooks:
- Incomplete or improper downloading of Quickbooks software can be the main reason for the Quickbooks error 404.
- Affected of Windows due to the virus or malware programs, which can affect the Quickbooks software and program related to the Quickbooks file.
- Corrupted and damaged programs or files are another reason for the 404 error.
- Windows get corrupt due to any changes in the installation or uninstallation of any software.
Solutions to fix the Quickbooks error 404:
Verify the internet connection:
- At first, you have to log in to your PC or system as an admin.
- Now check the internet connection setting in your system.
- Open any browser and open a trustful or big site like google, Gmail, Facebook, your bank site, and etc.
- If the site is not opening then immediately contact your IT professional for the internet.
- After fixing the internet issue in your system check that the browser is connecting with the internet or not. If the browser is accessing with the internet connection then try to download the updates.
- And check that the browser is in default mode.
- After that reconfigure the internet connection in the Quickbooks software.
- Open the help tab and select the ‘Internet connection Setup’ option, and then click on the ‘Use My computer’s
- Internet Connect Settings’.
- After click on the ‘Next’ option and then ‘Done’.
- Then reset the Quickbooks update.
- Or you can verify your internet speed by switch off your wireless router, and then restarting your system, further if the internet connection or internet speed is not working correctly then it is necessary to consult with your internet service provider.
Change the internet settings in your system:
- Open Internet Explorer and select the ‘Internet Options’ from the Tool tab.
- Then go to the ‘Security’ tab, here you can get an option of ‘Trusted Sites’, and select it.
- Add the ‘*.quickbooks.com’ and ‘*.intuit.com’ as trusted sites.
- Click on the ‘Close’ option and the ‘Ok’.
- After that log out from Quickbooks company file and close the Quickbooks software.
- Again open the company file.
- Now perform the task where you encountered the Quickbooks error 404.
Update and repair the Quickbooks Desktop:
- Open the Quickbooks software and go to the ‘Help’ menu, and click on the ‘Update Quickbooks desktop’ option.
- Complete the pending tasks by opening the company file.
- If you perform your task perfectly then repair the Quickbooks.
- Press the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ key simultaneously from your keyboard and type ‘Appwiz.cpl’ in the type box.
- Choose the Quickbooks from the lost and click on the ‘Repair’ option.
- After that click on the ‘Quickbooks’ from the list and then on the ‘Repair’.
Configuration of system settings:
- Open the Quickbooks company file and start the working process where you facing the 404 error.
- Log out from the company file and update the Windows and restart your system.
- After opening the system open the Internet Explorer, go to the ‘Tools’ menu and click on the ‘Internet’.
- Then choose the ‘Advanced’ tab & browse it in the settings pane.
- Now you can close the programs and save all the information.
- Then hold the Windows and R key at the same time and write ‘msconfig’ in the type box, then click ‘OK’.
- Visit the ‘System configuration’ screen and select ‘General’, then click on the ‘Startup Selection’ and choose the ‘Selective Startup’.
- To save all the changes click on the ‘Ok’ button, and restart your system.
error: Content is protected !!