Quickbooks error 6010: know how to fix it
We probably face different kinds of errors in Quickbooks, Quickbooks error 6010 is one of the error codes, which may create problem while you working with Quickbooks software. If you also facing this error code, then read this blog carefully. Here in this blog, you can collect some knowledge regarding the Quickbooks error code 6010. So let’s start reading this blog, with the reasons and solutions.
This error is a kind of installation error and this error code appears with a message ” An error occurred. Your Quickbooks installation may have been modified. Try reinstalling Quickbooks and try again (6010).”
Quickbooks Error 6010: Reasons & Solutions
What are the reasons behind 6010 error code?
- Blocking of anti-virus programs in Quickbooks from reaching network and system resources.
- Due to the improper connection of .ND file and .TLG file in Quickbooks.
- Your Quickbooks registry files have been deleted from your system, this may another reason for this error code.
Solutions to fix Quickbooks error 6010:
Solution 1: Reboot the Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- If you have the ‘Quickbooks Database Server Manager’ tool in your host system then open it and scan all the company file.
- Now follow the procedure to scan the folders.
- At first, you have to go to the ‘Start’ button and click on it for the ‘All Programs’ option.
- After clicking on the ‘All Programs’ option, choose the ‘Quickbooks’ option from the list and then on the ‘Quickbooks database server manager’.
- Then click on the ‘Scan Folder’ option.
- If in case the folders are not present then select the ‘Add folder’ option and scan the folders.
- At the last, login to the company file to see the error code is appearing or not.
Solution 2: Rename the.ND file extension
- To rename.ND file extension, at first you have to collect all the .ND extension file.
- Open those files where you face problems of Quickbooks error 6010.
- Then right-click on that files and choose the rename option to change them into ‘.old’ form.
- Now you can check that the error is fixed or not.
Solution 3: Turn off the multi-user hosting access
- To block the multi-user access at first, you have to go to the ‘File’ menu and then open the Quickbooks File menu.
- Then click on the ‘Utilities’ option and select on the ‘Stop hosting multi-user access’ option.
- Now close the Quickbooks and reopen it again.
- After that go to the ‘Program settings’ option and click on it.
- Now turn off the internet monitor feature temporarily.
- Restart the system and change the filename into .old extension, if you have ESET NOD32 anti-virus application.
- Again reopen the Quickbooks software.
Solution 4: Reinstall the Quickbooks Software
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ by clicking on the ‘Start’ button.
- Then click on the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- After that choose the ‘Quickbooks’ and uninstall it.
- Now download and run the Quickbooks clean install tool.
- The next step is to choose your Quickbooks version that you want to install., and click ‘Continue’.
- Then click ‘Ok’ and install the Quickbooks software.
- Reboot the Quickbooks again.
Solution 5: Restore the Company File
- If still, you facing this error code in Quickbooks then follow this procedure to fix the issue.
- At first, find the .QBW extension file and right-click on it to choose the ‘copy’ option.
- After that go to the ‘Desktop’ option, and right-click on it to paste it.
- Now open the Quickbooks software by holding the Ctrl key from the keyboard simultaneously for the direct access of ‘No company Open’.
- After that click on the ‘open or restore an existing company’ option.
- Now you can check the 6010 error is appearing or not, by opening the company file.
Solution 6: Flip to Single-User Mode lick on them
- To flip the single-user mode, first of all, log in to your system as an admin and press the Ctrl+ shift+Esc simultaneously from your keyboard to open the ‘Task Manager’.
- Then click on the ‘Users’ option and highlight all the QB process like; QBDBM.exe, EXE, qbupdate.exe, and etc.
- After that select the ‘End Task’ in the multi-user mode.
- Now you can open the company file.
We hope, this blog will help you to troubleshoot the Quickbooks error 6010 in many different ways. Further, if you are facing any issue to understand this blog, or unable to follow the methods then you can get help from our Quickbooks experts by dialing our Quickbooks support number or comment us in the below section. We will try to fix the issue as soon as possible. Thank You…
error: Content is protected !!