Are you facing problem to access the Quickbooks company file, and getting an error message of ‘Quickbooks is unable to open this company file’? If yes, then you may be facing problem Quickbooks error 6177 which is also known as 6177 0 error code.
Here in this blog, you will know about the solution of the error code and also know why it occurs. Before that, it will be good to know the overview of this error code. This error code generally appeared during the accessing of company file in Quickbooks. Let’s start reading the blog:
Causes behind this problem:
- The system may be affected by viruses and malware.
- Corrupted file or corrupted file path is another reason for the Quickbooks error 6177.
- An important file of Quickbooks may delete from your system.
The above points are the reasons for 6177 error, so try to stay away from these points
Effective solutions to fix Quickbooks Error 6177 0:
Solution 1: Run the Quickbooks File Doctor
- First, download and install the QB file doctor tool from the official site of Intuit and Quickbooks.
- Then run the tool by following the link ‘Quickbooks File Doctor Tool’.
- After the running of tool, it will diagnose the issues in your Quickbooks software and will fix it automatically and easily.
- Follow the second solution, if the error is appearing still in Quickbooks.
Solution 2: Configure the Quickbooks database server manager
- The second solution is to configure the Quickbooks database server manager, just follow the instructions to configure it.
- Go to the ‘Start’ or to the ‘Windows’ option, and click on it.
- Now click on the ‘programs’ tab and then choose the Quickbooks option from the list.
- Now you can see the option for ‘Quickbooks database server manager’, if you already installed it in your system.
- Then find the company file by clicking on the ‘Add Folder’ option, then click on the ‘Okay’.
- Repeat it again, and go for the scanning process by clicking on the ‘Scan’ button.
- Now its time to verify the company file access permission in the ‘Set up Folder permissions’ to share a web page.
- Turn off the hosting if Quickbooks is installed, and open the company file, where the error is appearing through the local path.
Solution 3: Replace the company file to Hard drive
- To transfer the company file, first of all, open the company file and then go to the C; drive via server.
- Now by the help of Quickbooks open the company file.
- Then create a file and save it in C; drive.
- Close the file and restore it by saving it to the server.
- Select the company file and run it from the server.
Solution 4: Try to fix it manually
- Close all the Quickbooks program in your system, if the programs are running in the background.
- Delete all the.ND auto file and open the folder containing the company file.
- Search the.ND extension in the folder and right-click on that and click on the ‘Delete’ option.
- Now arrange the database manager
- To arrange it follow the below steps:
- Open the Quickbooks database server manager by clicking on the start menu, Programs, and Quickbooks.
- Then click on the ‘Add Folder’ and ‘Scan’.
- Close the Window after the complete scanning process.
- Now check that you have enough permission to access the file or not.
- Open the company file through the local path, then ensure that the file is located on the network
- Go to the ‘My computer’ and right-click on the network devices, or in the network locations and click on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Now access the company file through the hard drive.
- Now you have to create another folder by pressing the Windows +E key simultaneously to open the My Computer.
- Then open the C; Drive and create a new folder
- Now access the data folder and copy the company files.
At the last, we just want to say that, we hope these solutions will effective for the Quickbooks error 6177 0. Further, if you facing any kind of issue to follow these steps then you can dial our Quickbooks support number to connect with the Quickbooks Proadviosr directly, they can troubleshoot your problem easily. And if you seen any fault in our blog, then you can comment us in the below section, we will try to rectify our fault, Thank you.