Are you facing problems due to the Quickbooks error 6189 and 816? If yes, here is an opportunity to get rid of this Quickbooks error code. This is the blog regarding Quickbooks error 6189 and 816, just rid this blog, and try to enhance some knowledge to fix the problem.
Generally, Quickbooks error code 6189 and 816 occurs, while a Quickbooks user trying to access or open a Quickbooks company file from the server in a multi-user set up. Be part of this there can be several reasons for this error code. Let’s know the reasons behind the 6189, 816 error code.
Reasons behind Quickbooks error 6189, 816:
Here in the below mentioned some possible reasons for this error code, have a look:
- There may be problems in Quickbooks hosting process.
- The main reason for this error code is damaging of Quickbooks component or some important Quickbooks company file.
- Missing of Quickbooks log files, and damaging of Quickbooks communicate with the error code Quickbooks error code.
- Damaging of data network source file on the Quickbooks server or on the host system.
- Your operating system may be affected by the virus and malware attack.
- Due to the problem with Quickbooks registry values in Windows Registry.
- Problem to open or accessing a Quickbooks company file Quickbooks host computer.
Solutions to fix this Quickbooks error code 6189 and 816:
Solution 1: Run the Quickbooks Tool Hub:
- At first, close all the running programs behind your background, and close the Quickbooks.
- Download and save the Quickbooks Tool Hub where you can easily access it.
- After that access the tool hub file (QuickbooksToolHub.exe), and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- And agree also agree with the terms and conditions.
- Double-click on the Quickbooks Tool Hub from the Windows desktop to open it.
- If in case, you can’t find it on your desktop then go to the go to the Windows icon and search for Quickbooks tool hub.
- After opening the tool hub, click on the ‘Program Problems’ option, and then on the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ option.
Solution 2: Restart all the systems and servers
- Restart the hosting server and other systems also.
- Then reboot each workstation those which are connected with the network and host systems.
- Now open the Quickbooks on the server system, and on each workstation.
Solution 3: Run Quickbooks Database Server Manager
If the above two methods are not working then follow this procedure to fix the Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 error code:
- You can run the Quickbooks database server manager tool from the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Open the tool hub and click on the ‘Network Issues’ option to choose the Quickbooks database server manager.
- You will be asked to install the tool if you already installed it then ignore it.
- Select the ‘Start Scan’ option, after doing this the tool will repair the firewall permission automatically.
- After the complete scanning process click on the ‘Close’ option.
- Now you can open Quickbooks on your host system and on your workstations also.
Solution 4: Move the company file to a local hard drive
- If the error is still appearing in Quickbooks then move the company file to a local hard drive.
Solution 5: run the Quickbooks refresher tool
- First of all, download the Quickbooks refresher tool and save it in a quick access place.
- Close all the Quickbooks running programs in the background.
- And run the QBrefresher.exe file by opening it.
- Now follow the on-screen guidelines, and open the Quickbooks for one more time.
We hope this article will help you to shut out this error code easily, and to get some knowledge regarding this 6189, 816 error code. Further, if you facing any kind of problem to understand this problem then you can comment us in the below section or also can get help from our Quickbooks ProAdvisors.