‘We are sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.’- Do you know what kind of error message is this? This error message arrises on our system, if there any installation issue is occurring on the Quickbooks software or on the desktop. Generally, this error message appears, if your system is affected in the Exeadapter error Quickbooks 2019, which is also known as Quickbooks error 61686. Damaging of framework file is the main reason for this error, when the error appears on the computer the installer stops working and the software fails to install.
In this blog, you will know how to troubleshoot the Quickbooks exeadapter error. Let’s know how can we fix this error:
How to fix Exeadapter error Quickbooks 2019?
Install and run the Quickbooks properly:
- After downloading the Quickbooks, it is necessary to install and run the Quickbooks properly.
- Hold the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ key from the keyboard simultaneously to run the command prompt in the system.
- Write %temp% in the run bar, and select ‘Ok’.
- After that open the Quickbooks product or edition that which you have downloaded in your system.
- Run the Quickbooks installer if there is no temporary folder for that edition.
- Then click on the ‘Cancel’ option during the opening of Quickbooks page.
- Open the Quickbooks folder by double-clicking on it.
- After opening the Quickbooks folder rename the Framework.xml into Framework.xml.old form.
- Now download the framework.xml and save it in the Quickbooks folder.
- Click on ‘Setup.exe’, after opening the downloaded file.
- Make sure that the setup.exe is running properly if the file running properly then you don’t have to run the Quickbook.msi.
Or if any user wants to install Quickbooks through the CD (Compact Disk), then he/she can follow the below steps:
- At first, copy the installer to your desktop. (follow the sub-steps to copy the installer)
- Install the CD, and close the InstallShield Wizard, if it starts.
- Copy the Quickbooks edition from the folder and right-click on the empty space of the desktop.
- Then click on the ‘Paste’ option to paste it.
- After copy the installer to your desktop, open the Quickbooks folder and right-click on the Framework.xml, and select the ‘Rename’ option.
- Rename the file into Framework.xml.OLD.
- Now download the framework.xml file to the QBooks folder and save it on the desktop.
- Lastly, run the setup.exe file.
Install Anti-virus Software on your system:
Install Anti-virus software on your system, to protect all the files and folder from viruses, malware, and malicious infections. Sometimes the exeadapter error Quickbooks 2019 due to these viruses and malware attacks. Anti-virus software will help you detect any malicious infection in your system or in Quickbooks software, so keep installing anti-virus software to protect your system from malware attack.
Resolve common installation error using the Quickbooks Install tool:
There are some common steps to fix the installation error by using the Quickbooks install tool, and they are download Quickbooks tool hub, run Quickbooks install diagnostic tool, Windows update.
Download Quickbooks Tool Hub:
- At first, close the Quickbooks if you working on it.
- After that, download the Quickbooks tool hub, and save the file, where you can find it easily.
- Now open the QuickbooksToolHub.exe file, and follow the on-screen instruction to install it.
- Agree with the term and conditions of the Quickbooks tool hub.
- After complete installation double-click on the icon on the desktop to open it.
- If the icon is not available on your Windows desktop then click on the Windows icon of the desktop and search for the QB tool hub.
Run the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool:
- To use the diagnostic tool of Quickbooks open the tool hub, and click on the ‘Installation issues’.
- In the installation issues section, you can find the ‘Quickbooks install diagnostic tool’. Just click on it to run.
- The running process of the diagnostic tool will take some time to complete (approximately 20 minutes).
- After the complete running process restart the computer.
Update the Windows:
- If the exeadapter error Quickbooks 2019 is further occurring on your system then update your Windows in the latest release version.
- After updating the windows in the latest version restart your system.
- Then open the Quickbooks and Quickbooks company file to check the error is occurring or not in the software.
Hope this article will help you to fix the Exeadapter error Quickbooks 2019 easily. We tried our best to provide effective and easy solutions to fix this error. Follow these steps to fix the problem and know the causes of the problem, so that you can face the problem at any time and anywhere.