‘Oops! The Quickbooks Online Login Problems’ – Is it your reaction during the QBO login? Don’t worry, these types of Quickbooks login (Quickbooks self-employed login, Quickbooks desktop login, Quickbooks enterprise login) problems are very common issues in Quickbooks. Generally, it occurs due to some technical issues in security settings, internet settings or issues in web browsers. Sometimes this issue occurs due to the security purpose of Intuit, but if this error is creating lots of problems repeatedly then you have to fix this problem immediately.
Here it is the blog, where you can know that what are the causes, signs, and solutions to fix the Intuit QBO login problems in different ways. Let’s start reading…..
What are the causes of Intuit QBO Login problems?
- Improper shut down of Quickbooks online is one of the main reasons for this problem.
- Logged in of Quickbooks online in different locations and systems in the same type of login credential is another reason for this Intuit qbo Login Problems.
- Firewall issues, malware and virus issue may be another reason for this.
Signs to detect the QBO Intuit Login problem:
- Displaying of ‘Loading’ message in the system screen, but nothing to load.
- ‘Webpage cannot be found, Error 404: File Not Found’ – This error message is appearing again and again while trying to sign in to the QB online.
- ‘QBO is currently unavailable, please try again later’- This is also a sign of this problem.
Solutions to fix Quickbooks Online Login Problems:
We all know that ‘Every problem has a creative solution”, like that there are also some effective solutions to the Quickbooks Online Login Problems. So let’s know that what are the solutions for this problem without wasting valuable time.
Solution 1: Use any other Web Browser:
If the problem is appearing repeatedly in the google chrome then change or use any other web browser for the Quickbooks online login like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox. And if you want to export your data back up to Quickbooks Desktop then you can use the Internet Explorer also.
Solution 2: Check the SSL Settings:
Check the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) setting for the both Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox:
Check SSL Setting in Mozilla Firefox:
- At first launch the Mozilla Firefox, and go to the ‘Tool’ menu section.
- There you can see the advanced Icon, just click on it, and select the security option.
- After that check the SSL 3.0, and TLS 1.0, and turned them on.
- After doing all these, close the Mozilla Firefox, and reopen it.
- Then try to sign in to the Quickbooks online site.
Check SSL Setting in Internet Explorer:
- Hold the Windows +R key simultaneously, and type “inetcpl.cpl”, and click ‘OK’.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab, and select the ‘Security’ option from the list.
- Turn on the SSL 3.0, and SSL 2.0 and click ‘OK’.
- Then reopen the internet explorer and login to the Quickbooks online again from the official site.
Solution 3: Do some changes in privacy settings:
- Allow access for the Quickbooks online login site (https://qbo.intuit.com).
- Enable the cookies for this site.
- Try to sign in again to the Quickbooks online login site after closing all the unnecessary sites.
Changes in Internet Explorer:
- Press the Windows +R key simultaneously from the keyboard and type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ and hit the ‘Ok’ button.
- Then go to the Advanced tab and click on the security option.
- After that uncheck the ‘Do not Save’ encrypted pages.
Solution 4: Use Chrome incognito window:
Use the Google Chrome incognito window to login to the Quickbooks online. Incognito window doesn’t record any activities in chrome and it has no download history.
- At first, open the google chrome, and go to the top right corner of the chrome and click on the three dots.
- Click on the ‘New Incognito Window’ option from the list.
- Now login to the Quickbooks online in the new incognito window.
- You can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+N to open a new incognito window also.
Solution 5: Clear all the history and cache from Google Chrome:
- Go to the top right corner of the corner and click on the three dots icon.
- Here you can see the option of ‘Setting’ just click on it, and choose the history tab.
- Search for the Clear browsing data option and click on it.
- Clear all the basic data history and all the advanced data history from the browsing data box.
- Now try to login to the QB online again.
Solution 6: Add a new chrome user:
- Open the google chrome and go to the top right corner of the chrome.
- Click on that three-dot icon, and go the settings tab.
- Click on the ‘Add new user’ option from the ‘Users Section’.
- Select an icon, give a name, and leave the create a desktop shortcut.
- And lastly, click on the ‘Create’ option.
Manual methods to fix Quickbooks online login problems:
Reset Quickbooks online password for login
- At first, visit the official site of Quickbooks Online, and click on the ‘forgot password’ link below the ID, password section.
- Now enter the registered phone number in the number field or enter the registered email address, and click the ‘Continue’ option.
- After following all these steps you will receive an email for the Quickbooks online password, save the password in a safe place.
- And login to the Quickbooks online again with the new password.
If you can’t able to reset the password then follow the below method:
Use Quickbooks Password Reset Tool:
- To use the password reset tool, at first, you have to download and install the Quickbooks password reset tool.
- Now choose the Quickbooks version (Quickbooks Online).
- Remember that the Quickbooks online version should be installed on your device, and you opened the company file on the same Quickbooks version in the last time.
- Now fill out your Quickbooks license number, and click on the ‘Submit’ option.
- Agree with the license agreement and click on the ‘Download’ option.
- And ensure that the QBPasswordReset.exe file is saved on your desktop.
- Open the password reset tool, and check your registered email for the token number.
- Put the token number, and choose the Quickbooks version in the Quickbooks product menu.
- Click on the ‘Browse for company file’ option, and select that file that you want to reset the password.
- Now enter the new password and confirm it.
- In the last of the process click on the ‘Reset password’ option.
We hope this article will be very helpful to you to fix all the Quickbooks online login problems in chrome and will help you to know some more techniques to fix this error. Further, if you getting any trouble to follow these steps then you can get help by dialing the Quickbooks helpline number and can comment us in the below section, we will try our best to solve your problem.