Quickbooks Error h202: Learn how to fix this error code
“You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of Quickbooks cannot reach the server on that computer.”- Is this error message appearing on your system? If your answer is yes then read this blog to learn about this error.
This error message is known as Quickbooks error h202. It is a series error code of Quickbooks, generally, it occurs when a user tries to use the Quickbooks multi-user mode. We can say that it indicates to us that the multi-user connection is blocked to the server. Let’s know, how can a user figure out the Quickbooks error code h202, what are the cause and solution to fix this error?
Quickbooks Error h202: Signs, Reasons, & Solutions
What are the signs to detect the Quickbooks error h202?
- The first sign to figure out this error is: You will not able to switch the multi-user mode in Quickbooks.
- Users will not able to open the company file on another system.
- H202 error message will appear on your screen in a particular interval of time.
- The Quickbooks software may perform slow in the system and can freeze for some time.
- The slow performance of the computer also indicates that the Quickbooks is affected in the h202 error code.
What are the reasons behind the error h202 in Quickbooks?
Effective solutions to fix the error code h202 in Quickbooks:
Change the location of the company file:
- At first, you have to create a new folder to change the location of the company file.
- And store it in the ‘C’ drive on your computer.
- After that go to the existing company file folder, select the company file and.TLG file from it, and copy it.
- Then go to the new company file and press ‘Ctrl+V’ to paste.
- After that, try to open the file in multi-user mode to check the error is appearing or not.
Check the Network Connection:
- Open Quickbooks and select the ‘Utilities’ option from the ‘File’ menu.
- After clicking on the ‘Utilities’ option turn of the hosting.
- Then go to the start button or press the ‘Windows’ key from the keyboard, and write ‘This PC’ in the search box.
- To check the Network icons are visible or not from the window panel, click on the ‘Network’ option.
- Now manage the workstation by pining them and after that ping the system having Quickbooks server.
- Then open the ‘Command Prompt’ and write the syntax in the box ‘ping[Computer Name]’.
- And lastly, hit the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
Restart the Quickbooks database server manager:
- Open the Run Windows (Windows+R- in short cut).
- Write ‘msc’ in the type box and click on the ‘Ok’ option.
- After that, click on the service icon, and select the version of the Quickbooks database server manager (QuickbooksDBxx).
- Double-click on the database version service, ad click the ‘Ok’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Automatic’ option and Start to start the service.
- After following all these steps try to open the file in Quickbooks.
Rename the.TLG file &.ND File:
- Close the Quickbooks software on all computers except the server computer.
- Open the company file folder.
- After that, search for the.TLG file in the company file folder, where you find the Quickbooks h202 error, and then click on it.
- Then rename the.TLG file by right-clicking on it and selecting the ‘rename’ option.
- Now rename the prefix into OLD form and hit the Enter Key.
- Do the same process for the. Nd file.
- Then try to open the company file.
Update Quickbooks by using the windows control panel:
- Open the Windows control panel and click on the ‘ Change/Repair’ option.
- Allow the options that you want to allow through the Quickbooks Software repair.
- After the complete repair update the Quickbooks in the latest version.
- The check that the error is occurring or not in your system.
Run Quickbooks File Doctor:
- Download and run the Quickbooks File Doctor tool on the host computer.
- The h202 error will be solved automatically.
We tried our best to provide effective and easy solutions to fix the Quickbooks error h202. Follow these procedures and get your Quickbooks software errorless.
error: Content is protected !!